Thursday, 15 March 2012

Week Four

What a fantastic week we have had this week.  In active learning our theme was around The Olympics.  We made Olympic torches, read non-fiction books about athletes, sorted pictures, and used the net books to find information.  We also finished of our art work on The Great Fire.  We made houses of the era from paper and collage materials and added straw to the top for the thatch roofs.  Probably the most exciting thing was having a real fire engine come to school to visit us.  One of our dads is a fireman and he kindly came with his appliance and crew to talk to the children.  They learnt how a fire would have been put out in 1666 compared to today.  They had very old equipment and we joined a line and passed buckets down to put out a pretend fire on Receptions playhouse!!!  We then had a go with an old fashioned pump.  Finally we got to have a go with the hose on the fire engine.  Thank you so much to Mr Kellock and his crew for coming in to see us.  You can see below slide shows of all the exciting things we have been doing.  Who knew school could be so much fun!!!!!


Active Learning



Our Houses




Visit from the Firemen

6 comments:

alfie j said...

I hope Englend win.the olypics
is in july.

george said...

I was really happy because people were sharing.

george said...

I had lots of fun making houses.

hollly said...

i really enjoyed making the hpuses it was great fun

sharna said...

I like it wene I made the olypics tourch.

noah said...

my mum luve my hart

 

Miss Dobbins' Class Blog 2013/2014 Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting