Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Week 2
The Great Fire of London

Over the past week we have been learning all about the Great Fire of London.
We have really enjoyed learning all about the fire and we also learnt all about the bakery on Pudding Lane and how the fire started.  We learnt about the baker Thomas Farynor and in Literacy we made a list up of all the questions we would like to ask him.  Here are some of the questions - 
How did you get away from the shop?
Did the fire spread to the Kings palace?
Were you the best baker in the world?
Did the fire kill all the rats?
What time did the fire start?

Then on Tuesday morning we had a visit from the real Thomas Farynor.  He agreed to come in to school and answer all our questions.  We all went to the studio where we found Thomas waiting for us.  The pictures dont show it but the room was very dark and lit only by candle light.  Thomas was suffering from a very bad cough from the affects of the smoke from the fire but we asked Thomas our questions and listened really well to the answers.  At the end Thomas had baked some bread and wrapped it in brown paper and string for us to take away and try.  It was yummy!!
Take a look at our slideshow.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed listening to Thomas speak about the Great Fire of London. He answered lots of questions. I liked it when he sprinkled flour everywhere and I thought it was kind of him to bake us some bread.

George S said...

I really enjoyed wen thomas Farynor threw flour on the floor.

george s said...

I liked the colour of the bred.

george said...

I like Thomas clows besause thy mayd me really happy.

connor said...

i loved sitting with thomas and liked answering questions.

emily m said...

i rilly like are topick a batt
the grit fiy of london.

EMILY M said...

TOMMUS FARN FROOW FLAW ALL AVIR
FLOOW.

EMILY M said...

LONDON IS A GRIT PLISS.

sharna said...

Thoms farny had a relly pirll back

isabelle said...

I LIKE it when thomashanra came in.

abi said...

the grate fayer of london started in 1666.

sharna said...

toms farn had a relly bad kof

holly said...

the great fire of london started in 1666 in a bakes shop on pudding lane.

 

Miss Dobbins' Class Blog 2013/2014 Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting