Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Book reviews

One of your activities for your homework is to write a book review and post it on here, our class blog. To do this just press the 'comment' link and tell me something about the book you have read. 
I look forward to reading your reviews :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Singing Dad by Julia Donaldson.
The story is about a Dad who sings a song day after day after day. He sings on the bus, he sings when he's digging and he sings when he's chopping a log. Mum is fed up with the singing but Mum hums all day long!
I love the book because I love singing and because all my friends love singing. It is really easy to read and you should read it too.
By Luciana.

Anonymous said...

Hens pens - Phil Cox and Stephen Cartwright

I liked the story because hen draws and I love drawing.
I liked the whole story and didn't dislike any of it.
My favourite part was when hen drew all over the eggs doing zig zags and dots.
I would tell all my friends to read it.
My favourite character was the brown cow because she was nice and kind in the story.
Jack N
Age 5

Anonymous said...

We're Going on a Bear Hunt - MIchael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury My favourite part in the story is when the children get to the gloomy cave, they tip toe in and find the bear and it chases them all the way home, but it doesn't want to hurt them he just wants a cuddle as he has no friends. The children stand in mud, I don't want to stand in mud with bare feet it would be cold and squishy and the mud would go in between my toes. I love this story and think you should read it too. By Megan B. Age 5

Anonymous said...

Not so scary Sid by Sam Lloyd and Stella Gurney

This is one of my favourite story's. I like this book because its very scary and it has a puppet of Sid that can you put your hand into. I don't dislike any of this book. My favourite part of this book is when you discover that Sid doesn't really want to eat children's fingers but he wants to eat fish fingers!! I like fish fingers for my tea to. This is a story that daddy reads to me at bedtime.

Lewis F
Aged 5

Anonymous said...

Overview of the story: Princess Evie lives at Starlight Stables with her kitten Sparkles and four magical ponies. When Evie rides her ponies she has wonderful adventures faraway. In this story Princess Evie, Silver the pony and Sparkles the kitten enter a fantasy snow covered world. Evie meets two little snow fairies who ask her if she would like to go ice-skating at Lake Perla. Evie was so excited and said yes! On the journey to Lake Perla, the group find a lost tiny polar bear cub. Evie, Silver, Sparkles and the two snow fairies decide to head north to help find the tiny polar bear's mummy and daddy. But they all become lost in a snow blizzard! The polar bear's mummy and daddy rescue the group and magically using snowflakes fly Evie, Sparkles, Silver and the two little snow fairies to frozen Lake Perla, were they all have a great time ice-skating.

Honey's comments: I really enjoyed reading and listening to this story and would recommend the book to a friend. I love pink sparkly ponies. The pictures were also beautiful to look. My favourite part of the story was when Princess Evie, Silver the pony and Sparkles the kitten return from ice-skating and when Evie began brushing Silver's mane of hair were she found a jewelled purse. Inside the jewelled purse was two little snow flake hair clips. A present from each of the snow fairies!

Honey W
Age 5.
22nd August 2013.

Anonymous said...

The Troll by Julia Donaldson and David Roberts.

This is a story about a troll who has trouble finding goats to eat, and a a pirate crew who are searching for buried treasure.
The troll keeps trying different bridges to find a goat and one day he finds himself on a sandy beach and finds a chest full of gold, which he throws in the sea and goes to sleep in the chest.
The pirates came at night and took the treasure chest thinking it was full of gold. But when opened it back on their ship, they found the troll, and made him the ships cook.
by Chrissie H
Age 6

Anonymous said...

The wizard of oz retold by Stephanie Laslett

I like the good witch, but I don't like the bad witch. I also like the scarecrow, the tinman, the lion and toto.
I hate the bad witch because she is evil and sends the monkeys down to get Dorothy and her shoes.
My favourite bit is when the good witch sends Dorothy home but it makes me sad too because she leaves the munchkins.
Kyle H
Age 5

Anonymous said...

The Encyclopedia of Formula 1

I really enjoyed reading this book. It has lots of colourful pictures in of racing drivers and their cars. It is quite difficult to read as the writing is small, but I can recognise the drivers I know and read parts of it.
It is a great book for people who like racing cars.
It was wrote by Tim Hill and Gareth Thomas

lyla said...

Well Done miss Dobbins class keep working on those book reviews. Missing you Miss Dobbins!

 

Miss Dobbins' Class Blog 2013/2014 Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting